By Vanessa Mergulhão
As we approach Valentine’s Day and love is on the rise, we have an opportunity to explore this four-letter word a little deeper. In the current state of our world, this is a time that we all need to be rooted in love more than ever.
But where does love really come from?
The source of all love comes from within us, which is why self-love is such an important practice to implement into our daily lives. It might sound self-centered at first, but once you start dedicating more attention, love and kindness to yourself, you will be able to express your true essence and power and positively affect everyone around you.
Self-love is also essential for a healthy mind and body. It might not seem that significant at first glance, but it has a huge impact on so many aspects of our lives. It not only influences our relationships, family life and career, but also impacts your inner health as well.
When feeling love and compassion towards ourselves, we produce brain chemicals that increase levels of happiness and joy. Just by increasing self-care and attending to our own needs, we can lower stress levels and improve our overall health and wellbeing.
Here is our 5-step prescription for incorporating more self-love into your routine:
1. LEARN how to say no and set boundaries. Avoid people and activities that deplete you physically, emotionally and spiritually.
2. COMMIT to yourself. Add to your daily routine one activity that brings you joy, whether it is making time for a yoga or breathwork class, unplugging and spending some time in nature, or spending quality time with a loved one. Put it in your calendar and set a reminder, only 30 minutes a day will make a difference.
3. FORGIVE yourself. Accept your mistakes and flaws and do not be so hard on yourself. Remember, there are no failures. If you have learned and grown from your mistakes, they are only lessons learned.
4. BE MINDFUL. Live intentionally and in alignment with your values. You will love yourself more if you live with purpose and see yourself accomplishing what you set out to do.
5. PRACTICE good self-care and nurture your body through healthy activities, like good nutrition, exercise and proper sleep, and revitalize yourself with a massage or any other holistic therapy.
For an extra BOOST to your prescription try our new Love Potion flower essence blend. Taking this flower essence blend daily can help nurture open-heartedness and unconditional love, deepen relationships with more authentic connection, and cultivate more self-love and self-acceptance. To place a custom order, give us a call or send us a text at (619) 933-2340.
Cultivating self-love doesn’t have to be overly complicated. If you are able to add some of these self-love practices into your routine, you will gradually build habits that you benefit you for the rest of your life.